I got into Hidden:Source some time back and always wanted to make a map for the game. I finally decided to dip into Source mapping by converting my most popular Counter-Strike 1.6 map de_sacrelige into a Hidden map. Here are screenshots and a download file for the Beta 4 version of hdn_sacrelige which we have been testing on the Wall Worm server.
I still have a lot of things to add and tweak, so the final map probably won’t be finished for weeks or months. Currently known problems or items that need to be addressed are:
- There are no props (that's bad news for someone who ended up making the Wall Worm Model Tools!)
- There are no environment sounds
- Poor displacements that cut into each other
- Blocky temple architecture
- Columns too blocky
- Lights in temple need modeled
- Giant hole in NorthWest corner
- Thematic music missing
- Miscellaneous texture alignment issues
- Need more/better vegetation
- Two current ladders need reworked
- Skybox cuts off cliff faces (light stops at top)
My intent on this map was to take Sacrelige and make it as spooky as possible. I will have my brother create some haunting music for the map. The Beta 4 version addresses some of the issues highlighted above... but it may be some time before I get around to finishing the map. I bought 3D Studio... which means that future versions will have some custom models.
I have a thread running about this map in the Hidden Forums. Please feel free to make comments about the map there.
Note: The name of the map is mis-spelled. The proper name ought to be "Sacrilege". Unfortunately, I named the original CS map "Sacrelige" because the word seemed more rooted in the world "Religion" than it actually is. I may or may not end up changing the name to reflect the proper spelling.